I am a marketing communications professional with ten years of experience working with innovative organizations to create social impacts locally and globally.
As of fall 2016, I am looking for employment with a non profit organization or business focused on creating social impact.
Although I am originally from the United States, I worked in non-profit management and international development for 8 years in Israel and Palestine. This has included developing or managing projects associated with Impact Impact HUB Tel Aviv, World Vision, Oxfam, the European Union and DFID among others.
After returning to the United States in 2015, I worked with a number of social enterprises and non-profit organizations to improve their strategic communications including Pinchot & Co, Coltura, Progressive Tech, Gauger and Associates among others. My work and clients have been profiled by the NYTimes, Seattle Times, Boston Globe, Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Haaretz, Huffington Post among other publications.
I grew up on the west coast, in a community of social entrepreneurs and artists who filled my life with innovation, technology and social justice. As a child, I was known for my persistence and persuasiveness. As a high schooler, I became known for my activism when I created an anti-war installation at school and organized anti-war demonstrations in Seattle.
Looking to further understand the United States, I decided to attend college in Massachusetts and I continued to carry on my passion for politics and communications in college.
|7 years of progressive marketing and communications experience co-designing and implementing creative strategies. Proven experience working with entrepreneurs, social enterprises, marginalized communities, nonprofit organizations and governmental bodies nationally and internationally. Expertise include:|
SOCIAL CHANGE STUDIOS 1/2008 – Present (Full Time since 1/2015)
Founder / Principle
I founded Social Change Studios to provide strategic communications services to companies focused on people and the planet’s needs. Our clients have included individuals and businesses with up to 30 employees.
- Cultivating and managing (25+) client relationships, proposals, project plans, budgets and invoices.
- Facilitating design and development processes, coordinating with contractors and clients.
- Overseeing all branding, design and development for Social Change Studios and clients.
- Managing marketing, social media strategies and content creation for several clients – development of images and text, photographs, graphics and videos.
Selected clients in 2015 – 2016: Coltura (start-up non-profit focused on alternative transportation), Pinchot & Company (consulting company focused on social entrepreneurship), Progressive Tech (data repair, IT support & laptop repair company with 15 employees), Gauger & Associates (San Francisco based design company established in 1974), CommuniTea Kombucha, EVOLVE Organic Salon.
OXFAM, one of the largest and oldest humanitarian organization in the world 6/2013 – 10/2014
Advocacy Capacity Building Officer – Jerusalem
I was recruited to lead the design and implementation of Oxfam’s global leadership training program to the Palestinian context in coordination with six local partners. The program was designed to increase cooperation between civil society, the Palestinian Authority and the Palestinian people and engaged over 60 local leaders.
- Co-creating, managing and delivering with senior staff based in Oxford and an employee in Gaza, a six month executive leadership and advocacy training program that included 6 months of 1:1 mentoring, six 5 day intensive residential modules, dozens of workshops and an innovation competition.
- Managing project contract and budget ($500,000), hiring staff, logistics and procurement.
- Conducting needs assessments, risk and SWOT analyses, Political, Economic and Social Analyses, developing and testing Theories of Change, managed mapping of services in Jerusalem.
- Developing Oxfam’s first individual leadership & advocacy capacity monitoring and evaluation tool.
- Representing Oxfam to donors and consortium partners; participating in regular meetings, giving presentations, writing regular updates, reports, case studies.
- Coordinating the development of marketing collateral and managed the content and design of projects including photographs, infographics, graphics, written and video success stories and case studies.
- Advising, mentoring, facilitating trainings for Oxfam staff, clients and beneficiaries about how to administer campaigns and projects, utilize adult learning methods.
NEGEV COEXISTENCE FORUM, Israeli Bedouin rights organization 3/2013 – 1/2014
Fundraising Manager – Negev, Israel
Hired as a remote manager to support Executive Director with fundraising for Bedouin rights organization.
- Managing reporting for private and governmental grants in the United States and Europe (EU).
- Developing monitoring and evaluation system, five year strategic plan and budget for organization.
- Raising thousands of dollars for organization’s operations and built new relationships with donors.
WORLD VISION, largest Christian child rights organization in the world 4/2011 – 6/2013
Project Manager (Contractor) – Jerusalem
Co-designed, fundraised and managed pilot-project with vulnerable communities that built the capacity of grassroots organizers and community based organizations serving children to advocate for child rights.
- Co-designing curriculum, training 60 community leaders, hosting three special events with 100+ people, building project brand, developing marketing collateral, multimedia website and three short videos.
- Collective impact approach — generating network to improve multiple change goals in the oPt.
GRASSROOTS JERUSALEM, organization focused on non-profit development 1/2012 – 5/2013
Director of Resource Development & Communications – Jerusalem
Hired to support a new organization in their organizational development including developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising and communications strategies, strategic plan, individual giving and endowment campaign, brand and branding materials.
- In cooperation with external partner, managed reporting for a 3 million EURO grant and met fundraising goal by raising $250,000 for core-funding.
- Coordinating between internal and external parties to produce proposals, log-frames, budgets, activity, work and risk management plans, annual and financial reports for the EU and other donors.
- Ensuring effectiveness of reporting on existing grants by establishing quality assurance and performance management plan that integrated the grant’s monitoring and evaluation system.
PALESTINIAN VISION, oldest youth organization in Palestine – Jerusalem 10/2011 – 3/2012
Recruited to support executive director in the development of proposals, reports and other public relations materials and find new prospective donors.
- Developing successful proposals for Swiss Interchurch Aid HEKS, British Council, Oxfam-GB, DFID, Welfare Association.
- Conducting donor mapping and developed donor database and relationships.
THE PARENTS’ CIRCLE FAMILIES FORUM – Jerusalem 7/2010 – 5/2011
International Relations Associate
- Developing marketing infrastructure and collateral for website, blog, social media and proposals.
- Supporting the project management and reporting for $100,000 USAID advocacy project.
VIRTUAL ASSISTANT ISRAEL — Tel Aviv, United States 9/2008 – 6/2011
Social Media Specialist
- Building marketing and communications plans, websites and branding materials, write press releases and manage blogs and social media, administer linking and commenting campaigns.
- Administering an email marketing campaign to over 60,000 customers that increased sales by 300%.
THE HUB – Tel Aviv 9/2008 – 6/2011
Office Manager & Communications Specialist
I was recruited to support the start-up of a social entrepreneurs HUB in Tel Aviv.
- Establishing office responsibilities including accounting, facilities, calendar and website management.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
|Mount Holyoke College, B.A. Politics||English (fluent), Arabic, Hebrew (proficient) Spanish (approaching proficiency)|
|Images: Mac Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Lightroom CC
CRS: WordPress, Blogger, Typepad
Basic HTML and php
Analytics: Google Analytics
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Digg
E-commerce: WooCommerce, Shopify, Ebay, 1ShoppingCart
|Office: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs
Collaboration Tools: Survey Monkey, Doodle,
BaseCamp, Trello, GotoMeeting, Skype
CMS: Aweber, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Peoplesoft, Raiser’s Edge
Information Architecture: POP, Gliffy
Mapping: USHAHIDI, FrontlineSMS